First Response to The Lottery

When our teacher first told us about the story (that it was published in New York Times and that people were upset about it) I thought we were going to be pretty upset about it as well. But it wasn’t, at least for me it wasn’t. I didn’t really feel anything other than confusion when I finished reading the story. There was a plot twist but it didn’t really make me feel any excitement. I was hoping it would, but other then that

One thought on “First Response to The Lottery

1. In my first response I said that I wasn’t upset about the story and didn’t feel any excitement. Well, I take it back now. When we talked about the story together in the class I totally got it AND it was pretty upset. I didn’t think my thoughts on the story would change, but as ı discovered that the black box symbolized death, I was really surprised. I learnt that we should not continue with stuff without questioning it, and that our ideas die when we don’t question things.If I had the chance to, I would congratulate the author on having such a plot twist and having the courage to right such thing while the war was still going on.